You may not be on campus but we are and we're still ready to help, no matter where you are:
- Please send any questions or queries about loan laptops to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note the LLS Booking System is currently unavailable. Please see our pages for Learning Development or Academic Librarians for details on accessing these teams
- The Service Update page on our website has all the latest information about our services and any changes to normal operations
- If you need to return items to us and are unable to hold on to them during this lockdown then please email email@example.com for advice. Please do not come on to campus just to return items during the current restrictions
- Please do not stress about your library account or loans. If you need anything at all please just get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are a friendly and helpful bunch 😊😊😊
Answered By: Library Help Last Updated: Aug 27, 2020 Views: 51
Once your course has officially started you are automatically made a member of the University Library. You have a Library account, which is connected to your Student ID. This means that you can come into the Learning Hub and browse and borrow books from our collection.
When you borrow books you get a due date, this is the day that you need to return the item to us. Most of our resources can be borrowed for four weeks at a time, although a few resources can only be borrowed for a week at a time. If the book hasn't been requested by someone else you can 'renew' it, this means that you can extend the borrowing period of the book to a later date, and this can normally be done up to fifteen times.
Logging into your Library account will help you keep track of all the Library resources you have borrowed, it lets you see your due dates for each item, and will let you renew the resources if they haven't been requested by someone.
We get a lot of questions about borrowing books and how your Library account works, please let us know if you have any questions! We're happy to talk to you about your Library account, how it works, how to find and borrow books, how you can renew items, how to return them, and more. You can email us at email@example.com, or you can speak to a friendly member of Library staff in the Learning Hub, you can identify us by our yellow lanyards (the yellow ribbon around our Staff ID). We're happy to help out!