You may not be on campus but we are still here to help:
- Your books have been renewed automatically until 30th September, so there is no need to worry about anything being overdue, or recalled.
- A click and collect service for books is operating. There is a web form to complete that gives details of how to request and collect items
- Please hold on to any books you currently have on loan, if you need to return them you can either post them to us or drop them into the Visitor Centre next to McColls. Staff will remove them from your account next time they are on campus.
- Please do speak to us if you need any help or advice, you can email us at email@example.com
- E-Books and e-journals – and remember, around 80% of our resources are available online as e-books, e-journals or online videos, so check on NELSON to see what we hold electronically.
- Please do not stress about your library account or items. If you need any books or articles, please just get in touch. We are a friendly and helpful bunch, and are available online if you need us!! 😊😊😊
Answered By: Library Help Last Updated: Aug 27, 2020 Views: 3
Once your course has officially started you are automatically made a member of the University Library. You have a Library account, which is connected to your Student ID. This means that you can come into the Learning Hub and browse and borrow books from our collection.
When you borrow books you get a due date, this is the day that you need to return the item to us. Most of our resources can be borrowed for four weeks at a time, although a few resources can only be borrowed for a week at a time. If the book hasn't been requested by someone else you can 'renew' it, this means that you can extend the borrowing period of the book to a later date, and this can normally be done up to fifteen times.
Logging into your Library account will help you keep track of all the Library resources you have borrowed, it lets you see your due dates for each item, and will let you renew the resources if they haven't been requested by someone.
We get a lot of questions about borrowing books and how your Library account works, please let us know if you have any questions! We're happy to talk to you about your Library account, how it works, how to find and borrow books, how you can renew items, how to return them, and more. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can speak to a friendly member of Library staff in the Learning Hub, you can identify us by our yellow lanyards (the yellow ribbon around our Staff ID). We're happy to help out!