You may not be on campus but we are still here to help:
- Your books have been renewed automatically until 30th September, so there is no need to worry about anything being overdue, or recalled.
- A click and collect service for books is operating. There is a web form to complete that gives details of how to request and collect items
- Please hold on to any books you currently have on loan, if you need to return them you can either post them to us or drop them into the Visitor Centre next to McColls. Staff will remove them from your account next time they are on campus.
- Please do speak to us if you need any help or advice, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- E-Books and e-journals – and remember, around 80% of our resources are available online as e-books, e-journals or online videos, so check on NELSON to see what we hold electronically.
- Please do not stress about your library account or items. If you need any books or articles, please just get in touch. We are a friendly and helpful bunch, and are available online if you need us!! 😊😊😊
Answered By: Library Help Last Updated: Aug 27, 2020 Views: 4
You've probably heard people mention the University Library, but how do you use it? Do not worry, we have your answers here!
Once you have fully enrolled on your course and your course has started you are automatically added to the Library as a member, meaning you will be able to borrow library books using your Student ID card.
The library has both online resources and a physical collection. The physical library collection is located in the Learning Hub. You can browse through both the online resources and physical collection on NELSON, you can think of this as being like an online catalogue showing all of our books and resources. We have a guide to getting started with finding books and library resources, check it out if you'd like a little walkthrough.
If you're thinking about borrowing a book, have a quick look at our guide to borrowing and returning resources. Once you are borrowing resources, you will also want to know about your library account, which you can use to help keep track of your books and due dates.