You may not be on campus but we are and we're still ready to help, no matter where you are:
- The Service Update page on our website has all the latest information about our services and any changes to normal operations, including library support for those self-isolating.
- The Learning Hub is open from 8am -10pm daily and you can go to the shelves to collect any books you need as long as you can wear a mask. If you do not feel able to come into the Learning Hub for any reason then we have a click and collect service for books, which enables you, or a nominated person, to collect the items from campus.
- If you need to return items to us, you can either drop them into the book return bin in the Visitor Centre next door to McColls, or any book return bin throughout the Learning Hub. If you are off-site and not planning to come back for any reason, or have completed your course and you still have books from the library then email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will advise you on how to get the books back to us.
- E-Books and e-journals – and remember, around 80% of our resources are available online as e-books, e-journals or online videos, so check on NELSON to see what we hold electronically.
- Please do not stress about your library account or loans. If you need anything at all please just get in touch at email@example.com. We are a friendly and helpful bunch 😊😊😊
Answered By: Library Help Last Updated: Sep 08, 2020 Views: 21
Every needs help from time to time, and we're here to help you!
If it is an emergency (someone requires first aid, for example), look at the latest emergency contact details.
One of your first points of contact during your time at the University will be your Personal Tutor. Everyone is assigned a Personal Tutor whilst they are studying with us, and they can provide you with advice and guidance, and direct you to the teams or resources that will help you as you study.
You can email us your question at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are in the Learning Hub you can ask a friendly member of Library Staff, we can be identified by our yellow lanyard (the yellow ribbon). Our staff are friendly and supportive and love to help out, so please don't be afraid to ask us a question!
You might want to contact a specific team in the library, our teams are all friendly and happy to help so please reach out to the team and someone will contact you to help you. We have quite a few teams, so we have a quick guide to who the teams are and how they can help you.
Our Academic Librarians and Learning Development teams offer tutorials for discussing your academic work, along with drop-in sessions where you can quickly discuss your work with a member of these teams.
If you are looking for some extra help or support from the University, there are many different teams that can provide a wide variety of services to support you.